Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Royal Wedding: I'm Fascinated by Fascinators

Yes, I know the focus of the royal wedding was supposed to be Kate and William, but my eyes may have wandered to other things as well (including the cute Prince Harry)...

So, before I get to the fascinators, lets take a look at the lovely Kate Middleton's dresses.
Is she not the most beautiful person you have ever laid eyes on? Yeah, I may or may not be developing a girl crush on her. Princess (Duchess) Kate is so beautiful. Look at the second dress, it may or may not be better than the first, although both are timeless.
Feast your eyes on that. Gorgeous. I want that dress for when I get married to Paul McDonald one day in the future (or Prince Harry, because that man is cute).

Onto My Fascination with Fascinators. (Fascinators are those bizarre hats that you saw everyone wearing at the royal wedding yesterday.)


First up are Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice.
Come on. Princess Eugenie's fascinator looks like it catches water, if it should rain. Princess Beatrice's fascinator... Well, it looks like a squid. And it also looks like a toy. Maybe if her and her sister get bored, they can throw a ball through the ring on her hat. How inventive.

Next, some girls. I don't know who they are.
Yeah... The girl on the left looks like she has coral growing out of the top of her head. The middle blond's fascinator is actually rather cool, it's like she's a giant present. And the blond on the right's fascinator looks like she put a sculpture on her head. Awesome.


Some more women whom I don't know.
So, the lady in purple looks as though she is wearing a centerpiece on her head. I saw this from a side angle, and my is it large. She could poke someone's eye out. The lady in all blue - seriously, all blue, it's horrid - appears as if her fascinator is modeled after a pea pod. Does it not? And whatever made her think it would be a good idea to wear a whole outfit in one horrendously bright shade of blue?

Sophie, Countess of Wessex
This fascinator looks like a giant headband, with a giant feather and giant roses. She does not understand "less is more," does she?

And last but not least, Victoria Beckham.
How on earth is that thing staying on her head? It's practically defying gravity. And those twisty things on the side seem like they would get rather annoying, being your face all the time.

I am so fascinated with these fascinators, I may just go out and buy some (after I learn how they stay on your head). This fashion statement is utterly bizarre to me. One of the many things I don't understand about the royal wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment