Monday, June 20, 2011

Miss USA, Glee, and Other Random Stuff You Don't Care to Know But Will Read About Anyway

Miss USA
Last night was the Miss USA Pageant. I've always said that there is nothing more patriotic than skinny woman prancing around a stage in bikinis while answering questions to try and sound smart. Ah, America. Here's the winner:
My self-worth is dependent on this crown!
Congratulations, Alyssa Campanella. You've made it.
Now, here's the girl who should have won, Blair Griffiths. She is from Denver, Colorado (represent) and is homeless (yes, homeless).
Oh well. I guess the Miss USA pageant and Donald Trump are heartless and don't care about helping those who are deserving and in need. Oh, wait... (that sounds about right)

Glee!
Whenever I say that, I hear the way they say it on the show in my head. It is quite amusing.
Unfortunate news for you Glee fans out there (which includes me, sometimes): The current cast is graduating in 2012. Yes, that's right. This is last year you will see Rachel, Quinn, Finn, Puck, Brittany, and Trouty Mouth! To be quite honest, I am beyond relieved that Quinn and her annoying voice and facial expressions will be out of here soon. But Brittany, Finn, and Curt? Who will make dumb comments? Who will I stare at on Glee? And, most importantly, who will I fantasize about being my gay friend (seriously, I wish Curt were real and would be best friend and we'd go shopping together)?


According to Ryan Murphy, this devastating event is happening because...

"The thing that I wanted to do and the cast wanted to do, we didn't want to have a show where they were in high school for eight years. We really wanted it to be true to that experience. We thought it would be really cool if we were true to the timeline."
No, Mr. Murphy, that is NOT cool. Who doesn't want to stay in high school for eight years? Wait, no one does... The plus side is Matthew Morrison and Jane Lynch are staying on the show (I pretty much only watch this show for Lynch's hilarious quips).
Artie can walk?!
50 Cent
The rapper. Big news from this talented (?) guy. He is writing a novel for teenagers! Guess who will be first in line to buy that book? Not me.
This book will hit stands in January, and is called Playground. It is about bullying, and 50 Cent said...
"I had a strong desire to write Playground because I wanted to explore how a kid becomes a bully. I drew on events from my own childhood and adolescence, but was excited to see the story take on its own life. This book would have been very helpful for me growing up and now that I have a teenage son, it is my goal that this will have a positive influence on all teenagers."
Look, everyone has dealt with bullies and it sucks. But I know how bullies get started (blame it on the home life, for real). And let's be real, I doubt 50 Cent actually wrote the book. Who knows? Maybe he did, but I'm willing to bet 50 cents (gosh I am clever) that there was a ghost writer or two.
Plus, he's been shot! Why doesn't he write a book about how to avoid that?

Amy Winehouse
 
It's great storage space.
Apparently, she got booed off stage quite a few times recently. Yesterday, in Serbia, she got booed off stage again after coming in late and forgetting the lyrics. Hence, her European tour has been cancelled.
Is any else just shocked that she had a tour? Or that anyone bought tickets to it (this is the most surprising part to me)?

No comments:

Post a Comment