Friday, June 3, 2011

New TV Shows: Coming to a Screen Near You, This Fall

As always, there are new TV shows to look forward to this fall. I'm sure you're just as excited for these shows to premiere as I am, so I'll discuss them here!

Starting with my favorite actress ever (see previous post of my "Girl Crush"), Zooey Deschanel is joining big sister Emily on Fox with a show called "The New Girl." In this show, Zooey's character, Jessica, was recently dumped by her boyfriend. In order to start over and get back on her feet, she moves in with three guys, played by Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield and Damon Wayans, Jr. (who is in a new show called "Happy Endings" which just ended its first season, it was very funny). Jessica is geeky and kind of socially awkward, but her new roommates are determined to help her out. Check out the preview!
Looks hilarious, no? I'll watch this (if only because I adore Zooey Deschanel... don't judge me).

Next, we have a show starring another hilarious actress, called "2 Broke Girls." This upcoming CBS comedy stars Kat Dennings (love her) as Max and Beth Behrs as Caroline. I'm not completely sure what the premise of the show is (this is my first time watching the trailer), but since I love Kat Dennings I'll give it a shot.
This show is crazy because they are complete opposites! Just nuts... But this idea is old news. There is a kid's show on Disney Channel (I babysit a lot, and used to be a kid) called "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and they kind of borrowed the characters from that show. One girl is an heiress to hotels (like Paris Hilton, but unlike this new show she doesn't lose her money), and the other is a hard working, young girl who holds a few jobs. So...this isn't very creative. I also hate laugh tracks (I'll choose when I want to laugh). But hey, I'll still test these waters.

The next TV show we have is an NBC comedy called "Up All Night." It stars some hilarious actors - Will Arnett, Maya Rudolph, and Christina Applegate. I don't necessarily know all of the details, but pretty much this couple (Arnett and Applegate) just had a baby. The mom works, and the dad stays at home. Hence, chaos ensues. I'm not sure where Rudolph comes in, but if she's in it, this show must be funny.
Now I have officially watched the preview...and it looks downright hilarious. I love all of these leads, and I will be there the second it premieres (or watching it a day later on my DVR, whatever). The only weird part to me is that the baby is named Amy, and the two adult women are Reagan and Ava. That doesn't make sense to me...

The last TV show I will cover is "Suburgatory," which will be new on ABC this fall. It will join the Wednesday night line up of "The Middle," "Modern Family," and "Happy Endings" (all of which are quality comedies). This show stars a bunch of people I don't recognize (except for Cheryl Hines, who is hilarious), and is about a girl and her dad who move from the city to the suburbs. Crazy! This suburban town reminds me slightly of my neighborhood (except for a little more to the extreme). Check it out.
This could either be absolutely hilarious, or a complete flop. We'll have to wait and see.

As you can see, I love comedic television shows. Try and check these out when they premiere this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment