Friday, June 24, 2011

News: JLo, Bieber, and Ron Artest (For Now)

Let's begin with Jennifer Lopez
Apparently, her husband Marc Anthony wants her to quit judging American Idol next season to "spend more time with him and their children." Really, Marc? That's your argument? JLo is making bank being a judge (if that's what she still wants to be called, but I think they should change the name to "I-Don't-Want-to-Hurt-Your-Feelings-Too-Much Semi-Judge), and that helps out the kids, right?
I mean, she is a celebrity, so she might as well do what every other Hollywood mom does: Hire a nanny or three. Who needs a mom when you have a nanny?
Go swim in the ocean, kids. Your new nanny is now responsible.
The Biebster
This guy...crazy. There isn't much a story here, I just thought it was funny. But pretty much, J Biebs wore a shirt of Tiffany Thiessen (from "Saved by the Bell"), so she wore a shirt of him. Crazy!!
Ron Artest (For Now)
If there is one thing I don't understand about sports, it is the desire for the athletes to legally change their names, or to start being called something different. It's just stupid.
Some past examples: Chad Ochocinco (Chad Johnson - this one just takes the cake)
Magic Johnson (Earvin Johnson)
The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)
Tiger Woods (Eldrick Woods)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Frederick Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr. - changed after converting to Islam), Nene (Maybyner Rodney Hilario - don't blame him)

All of these examples are pretty ridiculous, no? Well, now Ron Artest wants to change his name to, wait for it... Metta World Peace.
Are you kidding me?! How egotistical must one be to have the desire to change one's name to include World Peace? Every time I hear his name announced during a game, I will probably die of laughter.
I think I'm the shit.
PS: Tonight I will do another, much anticipated, Mumford & Sons post. (Please join the Church of Mumford.)

No comments:

Post a Comment