Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Jury Has Spoken...Casey Anthony Is...

NOT GUILTY! Wait, what?! In the Casey Anthony trial, she was found not guilty (yes, you read it correctly twice) of murdering her daughter. This is ridiculous to me.
But, she was found guilty on four counts of providing false information to law enforcement. So clearly her lying wasn't covering up the fact that she killed her daughter...

Let me honest here, people. I didn't follow very much of this trial, but when someone lies about what happened four times, they are clearly trying to cover something up. Clearly things got messy and there were tons of ridiculous lies told (by Casey, to everyone involved), but the jurors decided, for some reason, that Casey Anthony was not guilty of murder.

This saddens me for many reasons. Mostly because Casey will go unpunished for something heinous that she most likely did. It also saddens me because her lawyers tried to cover for her. I don't understand how anyone could defend such a terrible act in court. I will never become a lawyer.

Here is Casey Anthony, the surprisingly not guilty mother (although we all know she did it).

No comments:

Post a Comment